Friday, February 24, 2006

After Death? (2003-01-10)

We were walking alongside a pond that day. It was perfect.. chirping of birds.. swishing of trees.. crunching of leaves under our shoes... there seemed to b so much noise around and yet it felt so peaceful... occasionally v would hear the plunk of a drop into the pond which set up ripples that spread rite thru the whole surface until it very smoothly blended into the tranquil.

Thats ven she looked at me n asked... do u believe in Life after Death?? This was just too perfect a situation for me 2 get into a scientific arguement. Nevertheless... wot I believed is wot I believed.. So I said.. Offcourse Not!! I was quite rethoric and I surely did not want 2 continue the conversation on those lines.. But as she always does.... she continued..

she said.. Ill tell u a story... There were these bugs that used 2 live inside of a pond.. years passed and they became the very best of friends.. soon as they aged they heard strange stories of their fellow bugs who climed upon a leaf onto the surface and just dissappeared. Inquisitive as they ver, they tried 2 get onto the leaf... but cud never survive that long enuf outside the water 2 know what happened 2 D others. So they made a promise 2 1 another.. If ever any1 of them was able 2 get onto that leaf and dissappeared... they wud surely come back 2 tell D others bout their story..

1 day 1 of the bugs felt confident enuf dat he cud do it.. So he crept onto the leaf and waited... as he waited he felt strange and within hours... wings spurted out his back and he became this magnificent dragonfly... he could now fly 2 parts of the pond ver he had never been before... Soon he remembered his promise 2 his friends and tried 2 get into the water again 2 let them know how beautiful he has become now... But as much as he tried he only realized that he could no longer go into the water.. After tryin for sum time he thought... I hav kept my part of the promise.. I guess the others wud find out ven the same thing happens 2 them too... Besides, they wud not recognise me in this new form of mine.

I said... Nice story.. But I hav never seen a "Dragon Fly" try to jump into the water... I mean..wot a stupid Dragon Fly it wud b who wud try 2 get into the water?

Thats ven she pointed at a dragon fly hovering about the pond... it was actually doing the very stupid thing I was talking about.. It was trying 2 dive into the water n get into the pond!! And after sum time it dissappeared into the trees.

She looked at me again n said... Cud it not b that v r not yet ready 2 kno wot happens 2 us after death?? And that no 1 comes back coz v mite not recognise their new forms??

I thought bout all those scary Ghost stories Ive heard.. n said... Mayb..
:: posted by RagsInRags, 8:21 PM

3 Comments:

Touchy... very :)
Anonymous Anonymous, at 24 February, 2006 20:37  
Nice story
Anonymous Anonymous, at 25 February, 2006 13:43  
well, am not sure abt dragonfly, But I knew smbdy from who made a back trip frm hell.. n he aked me "What the hell u were doing out thr in Lonavala boozing with ur buddies". We wre waiting for you, I said.
Blogger navneet, at 10 March, 2006 14:27  

Add a comment

Featured Poems

Previous Posts

Understanding "Understanding" (2002-12-13)
Do U Have a Hobby? (2002-11-29)
Nostalgia - Another Paradox (2002-11-26)
Learn from the Experienced :D
Nostalgia - Secret to Sucess? (2002-11-15)
Nostalgia - Valentines (2003-02-13)
Nostalgia - Reinventing the wheel (2002-10-29)
Nostalgia - M Drunk 2Nite (2002-10-28)
My Canon 180mm Macro
Nostalgia - Dreaming (2002-10-25)

Hit Count