Friday, June 03, 2005

Love Is

I saw u in my dreams 2day...There u ver vit that sweet smile n a fresh face. Ur half curly hair blowing rite across in the smooth breeze and ur deep eyes staring rite at me. And as if spending eternity talkin 2 u was not enuf u asked me a simple yet difficult question.

I remember ur faint smile ven u softly asked me "Do u luv me?"

Frankly, I was surprised and a little startled coz I was not Xpecting it. But in a very calm, composed manner I replied...I dont know....U r sweet, n I like it ven u r around.....But I dont no if I luv u.

And as if u ver Xpecting this answer, u leaned forward, rested ur chin in ur palms, and vit ever so much inquisiteness in ur voice asked ....Tell me...how does it feel 2 b in luv?

I fumbled a bit n hesitated. Well, luv is a funny thing coz so many claim 2 hav luved n yet nobody has ever xactly described how it feels 2 b in luv. So who was I 2 comment on D subject? But since u had asked, I had 2 answer. So I cleared my throat n proceeded to describe luv the way I best knew it.
I said...

Love is when I feel restless if you are not around
And yet content to know that you are there
Love is that hug I give you when you are down
That little peck on your cheek that tells you I care

Love is those fights I lose on purpose
Just to make you feel you won
Love is that radiance in your smile
When your touch feels warmer than the sun

Love is when I’m eager to meet you
And yet scared of what to say
Love is that desire in my heart
To just meet you everyday

Love is the yearning to commit to you
But the fear of breaking your heart
Love is the relief to know you'll be there
And yet the fear to depart

Love is to protect you from all harm
Though you can handle an eye for an eye
The readiness to lay down my life for you
But the need for you presence when I die


Hussshh....u said....placing ur finger on my lips...Do you feel this way for me?
I looked deep into ur eyes, ever so intent...and said..ummm….yes...sort of..
I cud see that mischevious smile spring up slowly on ur face....

So...u wispered...then that wud mean……u luv me....rite?

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I just knew its now or never. I had 2 tell you. And then I opened my eyes and saw ur face so close 2 mine...so innocent….so naive...And I could hear myself whisper four more lines in my head.....

Love is to know tat I’m in Love
But still unsure as can be
The fear to tell you what I feel
Unless I know what u feel for me.

I looked at you eager eyes…so expectant 2 hear Xactly wot I wanted 2 say…but then took a deep sigh n said...I dont know.....
:: posted by RagsInRags, 3:15 PM

5 Comments:

Exactly the way I feel. Tusi great ho paaji!!

Was wondering, do you have a copywrite of this stuff? I would love to use it to impress my group.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 07 June, 2005 11:06  
Well, u cud send ur friends a link to this blog for starters. But if u go around copy-pasting it into your mails I wud'nt kno NEways.. so chill :-)
Blogger RagsInRags, at 07 June, 2005 11:47  
Just proves to go that m very true to my profile description ;)
The more you know me
the less you shall know
Blogger RagsInRags, at 08 June, 2005 10:25  
Lovely piece of writing!!!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 20 October, 2005 04:48  
Lovely piece of writing!!!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 20 October, 2005 04:48  

Add a comment

Featured Poems

Previous Posts

The Smile
M Smiling 2Day
One Day Older
Yes It Hurts
What a Fool I should be

Hit Count