Tuesday, September 06, 2005

On your own

I cannot teach you anything
What you learn, you learn on your own
But I can walk two steps ahead of you
And make sure you are safe alone

I will not listen to your complaints
or lend a shoulder for you to cry
But I can reason and debate self pity
and hope you'll understand why

I'll let you jump, if you wanna jump
and I'll pick you up, if you have a fall
But not before u taste the pain
or learn yourself how to stand again

I'll let you bruise, cut, and bleed
and watch you tend to all your wounds
I'll make you wish I was'nt around
Until some day you'll learn to stand ground

I dare not teach you anything
you better learn things on your own
For some day I wont be there
But I'll know that you are safe alone
:: posted by RagsInRags, 9:39 AM

4 Comments:

teach on master ;)
Anonymous Anonymous, at 06 September, 2005 11:51  
so true.. happy fathers day
Blogger navneet, at 08 September, 2005 08:27  
Thanks everybody!
Blogger RagsInRags, at 16 September, 2005 09:17  
Sob...Sob....Sob...
Anonymous Anonymous, at 21 September, 2005 05:21  

Add a comment

Featured Poems

Previous Posts

Out for Work
Why Macro?
You'll understand, someday...
Bagel with Cream-n-Cheese... and Tomato Ketchup?
Niagra Falls
Unwanted Policing
A Wakeup Call
A Job Well Done
Lets walk towards each other
Whatever it takes

Hit Count