Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Bagel with Cream-n-Cheese... and Tomato Ketchup?

Another of those "embarassing" things that hapened to me on the Niagra Trip... We ver completely famished and deprived of sleep for one whole night (had been driving all night). Here we are completely dazed and searching for a place to eat. We spot this nice bakery at the corner of the road and decide to settle for coffee and a quick bite before we get on the tour-bus that vil show us round the area.

We walk in and after some amount of contemplation we decide we'll take the usual "Plain Bagel with Cream n Cheese".

Me: We'll have 2 bagels with cream n cheese
She: What kind of bagels?
Me: Ill have a plain one...(looking at my friend) what will u have?
Friend: (after some thought) Ill have a plain 1 too
Me: Soooo... make that 2 plain bagels with cream n cheese.
[short pause](I start to read the menu to figure out if I shud have hot chocolate or coffee)
She: Would you like ketchup?
Me: (thinking... "ketchup was never an option before".. but so dazed) Yes
She: Oh! U'd like ketchup with ur bagel?
Me: (Realizing Id made a BIG mistake) yeeeaaaahhh, I think Ill have it
She: (pointing to a man standing behind me) I was not talking to you, u kno bout the ketchup
Me: (Completely sure I had made a fool of maself) Yeah, I think Ill take it (thinking fast bout trying to make a witty statement)... It gives u that Tangy Taste u kno.
She: M sorry?
Me: (not sure if that was sarcastic or coz she did not hear).. It gives the bagel a lil tangy taste?
[long pause]
She: Ill get the bagels to ur seat.
Me: (Thinking... sssshhhhiiiitttt... how cud I b so stupid??)


Well she did bring me the bagels AND the ketchup. And I had the bagel WITH the ketchup. But look at the bright side.... I think I really liked the "Lil tangy taste" it gave the bagel!
:: posted by RagsInRags, 7:37 PM

6 Comments:

Dunno how 2 explain a "Bagel". Lets jus say tis something to eat?

Bout being perfekt... a person who had a lot of influence on me once said... "Aim for the stars and u 'might' reach the moon. Aim for the Moon and ul be on earth forever"
Blogger RagsInRags, at 24 August, 2005 08:20  
This happens only to Rags!!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 24 August, 2005 09:47  
Oh thats so su-eeet. This makes me kinda unique now, dont it?
Blogger RagsInRags, at 24 August, 2005 12:49  
Bagel is American Vada ;-)
Anonymous Anonymous, at 08 September, 2005 09:55  
stop eatin vadas rags u have already put on a lot:-))))
Anonymous Anonymous, at 27 September, 2005 01:27  
that too with cream & cheeseee & ketchup?????
Anonymous Anonymous, at 27 September, 2005 01:28  

Add a comment

Featured Poems

Previous Posts

Niagra Falls
Unwanted Policing
A Wakeup Call
A Job Well Done
Lets walk towards each other
Whatever it takes
Mocks
Search for the Invincibility Sheild
Set it free... Please
Imprudent Service

Hit Count