Friday, June 03, 2005

One Day Older

I sit up late in my bed
watchin her sleep so peacefully
and I wonder what she dreams
as she smiles away so gracefully
she snuggles in so close
I can feel her skin so tender
I cant help but kiss her baby nose
and feel the need to defend her

And just when I think Ive gotta let her go
Im scared to close my eyes
Im scared to sleep all through the night
and wake up to brand new skies
coz when I wake up she'll be one day older
and my worst fear might come true
that I put my lil baby girl to sleep
and a woman, she becomes too

This fear I fear is a funny thing
Coz I kno it has to be
Someday she will get older
and her world will grow beyond me
She'll have her friends and boyfriends too
She'll have a life of her own
we wont have time for bed-time stories
and all because she has grown

And some where deep I kno Im waiting
for that dreaded day to pass by
And as I think, I slip into my sleep
to wake up to a brand new sky
When I wake up 2morrow she'll be one day older
and my worst fear might come true
And Im hoping that I put my lil baby girl to sleep
and a woman, she becomes too
:: posted by RagsInRags, 2:46 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment

Featured Poems

Previous Posts

Yes It Hurts
What a Fool I should be

Hit Count