Monday, February 13, 2006

Nostalgia - Valentines (2003-02-13)

Hurry up I said... We r gettin late!! We ver goin out for a movie dat evening n v ver already runnig late (thanks 2 her long hours of dressing). But she did not seem 2 move any faster... instead she looked at me n asked... ven was D last time u smelt a rose??

I stood ter perplexed.. Frankly, I cud not remember.. but hey... wot has dat gotta do vit hurryin up.. So I snapped back.. If u hurry up, v might pick up sum flowers on D way n ten I can smell tem... Happy?? But hurry up!!!

She was onto her last phase of dressing..I cud tell by the final touches she was into in front of D mirror... But wot I thought was a "Cheeky Comment" frm my side seemed 2 upset her quite a lot. She just plonked onto the bed n sat ter watchin D way I was hurryin up vit wearin my shoes.. Ten after taking a deep breath she said..

I kept wandering in search of life until I found that the time I spent searching was indeed my life!!

I stopped doin wot I was doin... I knew dat tone.. a tone of deep reflection... a tone of deep anguish ... Ok... I knew I had 2 call it a time-out.. So I walked upto her n sat rite nxt 2 her on D bed.. ten takin her hand in mine I said.. Wots wrong?? V almost hav the perfect romantic evening planned out.. wot r u cribbing about now??

She said... yeah.. ur rite.. First v watch a movie... after D movie is over, v go out for dinner... after dat v go for a drive.. n ten... U did not tell me wot we'd do after v finish D drive?? do v come back home n sleep?? or do v talk about ur wrk n office?

She was being sarcastic I cud say. But I did not kno y... So I re-iterated stressing on every word... Wot... is... ur... problem?

She said.. Y did u get us tickets for the movie??
"So that V cud spend sum time 2gether"
"Oh.. and the reservation for dinner??"
"Cmon.. ters nothing better tan a nice dinner after a movie!!"
"Ok.. agreed.. ten y r v goin for a drive??"
"Coz dat seems perfect after a nice dinner Damn it!!"

I was gettin a lil irritated vit her "Attitude". After all I was tryin 2 co-operate out here. I did not know y she was makin all dat fuss!!

Ten she said.. And how much time do u think u vil b spending vit me this evening??

Now Wot kind of a stupid question was dat supposed 2 be? But she did not give me time 2 think...

she said.. All thru the evening all u hav been bothered about is gettin late for D movie.. All thru D way.. u r gonna b busy honkin n shouting at other cars on the road.. 1ce in D movies.. u r not gonna talk vit me.. u r gonna watch D movie (she was rite actually.. it was not allowed 2 chit-chat in the theaters!!).. ten u wud hurry us up 2 D restaurant coz u wud miss ur reservation slot otherwise.. n finally ven v go for drivin.. u wud want 2 hurry home coz u wanna sleep n get up again 2morrow 2 go 2 office!! How much time r u really spending vit me???

I did not hav an answer.. Actually it was 1 of those questions best left un-answered..

And then she repeated.. I kept wandering in search of life until I found that the time I spent searching was indeed my life!!

I knew wot she was gettin at.. n she was rite.. We often get so busy trying to live our life perfectly dat V actually miss out on living our life in D first place!! Besides she Was my life!!!

So I smiled n said... Ok.. how bout preparing sum nice dinner 2gether n spending sum quality time watching TV??

And dats how we spent our valentines day...
:: posted by RagsInRags, 10:40 AM

3 Comments:

"I kept wandering in search of life until I found that the time I spent searching was indeed my life!!"

This one really leaves u pondering...
Anonymous Anonymous, at 14 February, 2006 09:25  
Looks like you have updated quite some number of posts here. Whats up with the "Nostalgia" series?
Anonymous Anonymous, at 14 February, 2006 11:22  
Well these are some stuff Id written way back bt had not put up on the blog. So just putting them up now.
Blogger RagsInRags, at 15 February, 2006 15:28  

Add a comment

Featured Poems

Previous Posts

Nostalgia - Reinventing the wheel (2002-10-29)
Nostalgia - M Drunk 2Nite (2002-10-28)
My Canon 180mm Macro
Nostalgia - Dreaming (2002-10-25)
Nostalgia - Age Old Luv (2002-10-24)
Nostalgia - The essence of living (2002-10-23)
Nostalgia - Nothing Unusual (2002-10-16)
Nostalgia - Three Element Theory (2002-10-10)
Nostalgia - A morning in Austria (2002-10-06)
Nostalgia - Poetic License

Hit Count