Monday, July 17, 2006

"She" is Not "Her"

When reality slapped me on my face bout 2 months ago I strongly believed that She would change with her face morphing like one of those Si-Fi movies, changing her features to suit Her. But nothing like that happened.

She was born out of the Arabian sea on the shores of Kashid (Alibaug). While the rest of the group were celebrating the New Years eve around a bon fire making barbequed chicken, I sat along the shore to catch a glimpse of the beauty nature had to offer. Clear skies, twinkling stars, soft warm breeze and the noise of waves lashing across the shore. And if there was such a thing as "Being lonely", that was a night I surely did NOT feel alone.

With my senses alert up to the level of feeling the slightest winds and hearing the sound of fluttering bug-wings at a distance, I sat there gazing at the ocean as a silver streak lined the waters glistning an imaginary path to the moon. And I wondered if there was anyone else in this world who would marvel at such a sight and be as poetically inspired as I was that night.

And thats when she walked right out of the water... a slender silhoutte dripping salt water on her tracks, gracefully catwalking thru the sand. Not beautiful and yet amazingly beautiful. And with distances closing between us, I saw her humorous sensitive eyes, her warm compassionate smile, her curly wet hair, and her smooth dimpled cheek. I knew Id take on to her that very instant.

She has been with me ever since... frantically debating, humourously argueing and compassionately supporting me in everything I believe. But these last few weeks have been particularly painful with mixed emotions and fear of finally having to lose her to someone ultimately... "Real". But today is yet another day when I confidently smile to myself as she yet again sits supportively besides me...

I just know that she is going nowhere... she is indeed here to stay.
:: posted by RagsInRags, 2:01 PM

2 Comments:

Ahaa !!

So now the mystery of the "Dream Girl" unfolds.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 17 July, 2006 15:18  
Now I get what u mean by 10% truth n 90% imagination..:)Another Dream girl on the way ...Way to Go!!!!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 17 July, 2006 18:22  

Add a comment

Featured Poems

Previous Posts

Selfless Love
Blame it on your eyes
A Kodak Moment
Blame Man or Society
Come back with me
I still believe in Soul Mates
With Someone Else
Other options (2003-03-06)
A Pizza Hut Order (2003-02-18)
A B'Day to remember (2003-02-14)

Hit Count