Thursday, July 27, 2006

Words

"I hate You" she squalled from across the room followed by a deafening silence while I watched still trying to get to grips with what she just said as she stormed out the door.

Tears had welled up in her eyes long before she had uttered those words. The argument was following its normal course with me trying to reason my actions. She argued and I reasoned, she counter argued and I reasoned again. It was going to a point where she was quite frustrated with the fact that I was not understanding what she was saying. Or maybe she was frustrated that she was not getting it her way again. And I was trying to make her understand a point of view which I could not possibly expect her to understand for she had never been so mature to have a fuller view of life. And yet I struggled to explain hoping that she would atleast try to understand.

In my heart I knew that she really did not mean it. But she had never before used such harsh words to express her anger. And it really hurt. They say that words can make a deeper scar than silence can heal and some times it is better not have spoken than to speak and regret. But this is a moment I sure dont hope to remember long thru my life. This is a scar I pray should heal without trace. For I have to find it in my wisdom to let it go. I have to find enuf love within my heart to forgive what she said. And I have to find the strength and patience to teach, so that some day my daughter can understand how much words can really hurt.
:: posted by RagsInRags, 12:37 AM

2 Comments:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blogger Mohit, at 02 August, 2006 15:05  
"Not sure whether I am getting the context here.."

Living out an experience narrated by a mother to me a long time ago.
Blogger RagsInRags, at 03 August, 2006 13:41  

Add a comment

Featured Poems

Previous Posts

Nano Technology
Blue Sky, Green Mountains, and Foggy Horizons
"She" is Not "Her"
Selfless Love
Blame it on your eyes
A Kodak Moment
Blame Man or Society
Come back with me
I still believe in Soul Mates
With Someone Else

Hit Count