Thursday, October 18, 2007

When people become comodities

I have been on the other side of the line accusing my managers of treating me as an object rather than a person. They have sucessfully switched my roles based on situations and relocated me to different parts of the world at their whims. Many of my colleagues at that time made it a point to make much more noise than I did and eventually either got stagnated or moved on voluntarily to look for other options. And now, when I have an insight into the reason why this was/is being done, I believe that I can do no better.

With an ever rising demand for recognition, stress for achieving sales targets, and providing a value add with "mass discounts", it is not surprising that a person is no more than the experience, skill, and maturity he brings. And if I see an oppurtunity exists for this specific combination of skill, experience, and maturity in 3 different parts of the world; and the only way I can service that is by slicing a person into 3 parts and sending each piece to each part of the world... Amen !!
:: posted by RagsInRags, 9:15 AM

1 Comments:

i agree
Anonymous Anonymous, at 22 October, 2007 08:54  

Add a comment

Featured Poems

Previous Posts

Give-N-Take Relations?
Give Him a Chance - My Voice Finally
Solitude - Remake
The Concert - Remake
My stab at a Symphony
Whats in a name?
Onam Menu for 2007
The Air Up Here
Compititive Love
Taken Care Off

Hit Count