Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Air Up Here

Its been almost forever since I started my life down the career road. And while a lot of things changed, there was one thing that looked quite constant. And that was a warm reward for hardwork.

Dont mistake me to be saying that hardwork did not get me anything. In fact everything that I have achieved till today has been through sheer dedication, hardwork, and persistence. But off-late I have begun to realize that the tools I have been picking up along the way is nothing but a perfect misfit to what I require now. Welcome to "The Management".

Earlier when someone pushed "You can do it", I took it like cheerful encouragement. Now, I look out with a skeptical eye about the possible pitfall being setup along my way. Earlier when someone said "We can do this!!", I took it as a symbol of team-spirit. Now, I assume that it means "You do what you can, Ill lay back and watch. If things go right, WE did it. If they go wrong, YOU will be responsible."

Its a whole different air up here. While I had the general belief that the higher you go, the cleaner the air gets... I am doubting that possibly the polutants and smog ultimately rise up to create a dense plasma zone. No tool used down there can be effectively used up here.

But at the end of it all; being myself, I foresee me putting a lot of hardwork, dedication, and persistence to learn the new tricks of the trade. Am I going to like myself 10 years down the road? ... I guess only time will tell.
:: posted by RagsInRags, 11:26 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment

Featured Poems

Previous Posts

Compititive Love
Taken Care Off
The First Kiss
Will-O-Can
In Poole
Like the millions
The right questions
Words
Nano Technology
Blue Sky, Green Mountains, and Foggy Horizons

Hit Count