Saturday, October 14, 2006

The First Kiss

When I had kissed her for the first time, I was not sure I had done that out of love. And yet the urge to kiss her lovely lips was more than just a physical reaction to a moment that had filled me with admiration and a kind of attraction that fills you with a different sense of awe. Her innocent face lay limp in my arms.. her eyes closed, expecting heaven to unfold and deliver her to the man of her dreams. There was a sign of passion briddled behind her innocent smile and an intent to resist only so that she did not have to make the first move... No, this was not a dream. I was there... part of that moment witnessing the first time I realized just how beautiful she was... A bloom of pulchritude that can be witnessed only when a woman is completely defenseless and vulnerable to anything that could happen next. And as she drew near, my eyes closed to the blistful feeling of our lips final embrace. Time stopped still and the world muted its sounds to an enchanted silence. A silence where I could hear only my heartbeat.

When I kissed her for the first time, I am not sure I had done that out of love. But I am sure glad I did kiss her. For now I know what it means to be in love.
:: posted by RagsInRags, 9:23 PM

1 Comments:

u rite gud mate .. u shud try to authr a buk..
nsur that aint ur 2nd kiss..
Anonymous Anonymous, at 03 November, 2006 03:50  

Add a comment

Featured Poems

Previous Posts

Will-O-Can
In Poole
Like the millions
The right questions
Words
Nano Technology
Blue Sky, Green Mountains, and Foggy Horizons
"She" is Not "Her"
Selfless Love
Blame it on your eyes

Hit Count