Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dark Secrets

It is sometimes funny to see how the past catches up with you. You just lie there at night staring at the celing, when a mere thought that pops up in your head has the capacity to take you through a roller coaster ride of different places and times from your past in just instants.

You know better than to dwell on your past. But these thoughts tempt you beyond control because you yourself are not aware they exist! They manifest themselves as lucid dreams or something so emotional that you are overcome with intrigue. And that... is the end of you.

"Dark Secrets" are those experiences that you keep from yourself. You are so scared to face them that you happily choose to ignore them until they get burried into your subconcious. These secrets just keep festering and festering while you carry on happily with your life. And soon it becomes the devil himself... lurking beneath; waiting to get back in control... waiting to destroy all your dreams.

--------------------------------------------
Dark Secrets by RagsInRags

Shadows in the dark, I see them
Dancing round their mark
I suffocate
Darkness all around, I feel the
Fear of going down
I hesitate, I
Know I have to run, but I still
Want to have some fun, I
Satiate, My
Past has just begun, the Darkness
Has already won, Am I too
Late?

Skeletons in my closet
Waiting to jump out when they
Can
So many things about me, I
Myself don’t think I can
Understand
Subconscious dreams telling me I
Failed even before I made a
Stand, Are these
Dark Secrets from my past what
makes me what they call a normal
Man

We have these dark secrets
In our lives, we have these
Dark Secrets that
Haunt us at night, these
Dark Secrets that
Never let go of your minds
These Dark Secrets
From your past, These
Dark Secrets that
Don’t let you last, these
Dark Secrets
Destroying all that it finds

The past is mine, but now it’s no more
Faced my fears and now its healing
Me
The most difficult fight to fight is
When you are the
Enemy, But
Things get better when you know you
Got to set yourself completely
Free
Then life will find its way and help
You be everything that you can
Be

:: posted by RagsInRags, 3:08 AM

1 Comments:

this is really awesome :D
Anonymous Rahel, at 23 February, 2011 04:43  

Add a comment

Featured Poems

Previous Posts

Bhairav
Whispering Bombshells
Being Righteous or Being Truthful
Taking Shortcuts
Mr Harlequin
Teamwork???
Back to School
Alive-N-Kickin
When people become comodities
Give-N-Take Relations?

Hit Count